Vision and values
ARK Kings Academy is a mixed, non-selective secondary school for 11-16 year olds.
We aim to be an exceptional first-choice school serving the community of Kings Norton and particularly the area in which the school is based. We prepare students for further and higher education leading to a career of their own choice.
It is a school with the highest expectations of its students to achieve academic excellence and to make a positive contribution both to the academy and the wider community that we serve.
At ARK Kings Academy, through building a culture of student participation, engagement in learning and academic success, every student will make excellent progress, develop outstanding character and be successful in life, education and employment.
Our school motto
Our school motto ‘Aspire. Expect. Achieve’ captures the essence of our school.
- Every student is encouraged and helped to aspire to great things in their lives – both what they can do now and what they can be and will do in the future.
- Every student can expect to be taught well in an orderly and industrious environment and in return can expect to work hard, be respectful of others and make no excuses.
- Every student can achieve. We won’t accept any excuses and we won’t make any either. We will do whatever we can to help ensure each student can be successful succeeds each and every day.
To achieve these high ambitions we focus on three main outcomes for every student:
- High value academic qualifications that provide a basis for further training, education or employment, with a particular emphasis on high attainment in English and mathematics.
- Exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning to ensure each student can be successful in their school, home and work life.
- Employability skills that count to ensure our students stand out in the workplace and have the right personal skills to complement their academic qualifications.