Our Primary School will be hosting Scholastic Book Fair from Wednesday 12th – Wednesday 19th December. It will run after school from 3.15-4.00pm between those dates and will take place in the Dining Hall.
September 2019 Admissions
APPLY NOW FOR SEPTEMBER 2019 PLACES
Ark Kings Academy is an all-through school admitting pupils from Reception - Year 11. We have 120 places available in year 7 each year. The process for transfer into a secondary school can be found on the Birmingham City Council website here. Parents are also advised to take advice from their child’s primary school and we are happy to help too.
You can find out more about the warm and welcoming learning environment we have to offer your child by downloading our prospectus. We would also love to show you around. To arrange a visit, please contact us directly on 0121 459 4451 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Dates and Deadlines
If you live in Birmingham you should receive information about the application process from Birmingham City Council through your child's primary school or in the post this summer (summer 2018).
Timeline for application for a place at Ark Kings Academy
|September 2018||Applications for secondary school places in Birmingham open. Parents are strongly advised to apply online. At Ark Kings we are happy to help parents through the application process. Please get in touch to find out more.|
|31 October 2016||Deadline for applications for a secondary school place in Birmingham.|
|01 March 2019||Parents who have applied online for a secondary school place will receive an email with details of offers. Letters will be posted out informing parents of offers of secondary school places and should arrive by 02 March 2019.|
|15 March 2019||Parents must inform the school if they are accepting the place that has been offered.|
|29 March 2019||Deadline for reciept of appeals.|
|03 July 2019||Induction day for all new year 7s at Ark Kings Academy|
You can find out more information about the admissions process by visiting the Schools Admissions and Pupil Placements Service on the Birmingham City Council website:
Applications for admission must be made on Birmingham City Council's Common Application Form. When we admit pupils, we prioritise children with statements of special educational needs. Then, if our academy is oversubscribed, we offer places to children in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and Children who have been previously looked after.
- Children of staff at the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Children who at the time of the admission have a sibling who attends the academy.
- Children of staff in the school. Where there is no demonstrable skill shortage, priority may be given where the academy is oversubscribed to a child of a person who will have been employed in the academy for two or more years at the time the application for admission is made.
- Distance measurement. A child’s home will be the address at which the child normally resides and which has been notified to the Academy and other relevant agencies as being the child’s normal place of residence.
Arrangements for 2018/19 Admissions
You can view a copy of our admissions policy, which covers admissions for September 2019, by clicking on the link below:
Following consultation, the arrangements for admission have been determined, these arrangements cover admissions in September 2019. The determination note is available here: