Dates for this month
ARK Kings Academy tries to resolve problems informally wherever possible. An effective response and appropriate redress will be provided to all complaints as quickly as possible dependent upon the complexity of the issues raised.
Dealing with Concerns/Complaints
The procedure aims to ensure all concerns or complaints are dealt with in a time-sensitive manner and, where possible, as informally as possible.
- The objective is for all complainants to receive a timely acknowledgment to their initial complaint - within two school days - and to provide a response within seven school days.
- To clarify what the parent/carer feels would put things right.
- To gather appropriate information in relation to the concern/complaint, by thorough investigation in the form of taking statements and speaking to witnesses.
- To keep accurate records of all relevant conversations and meetings held in relation to the concern/complaint.
- To reach a satisfactory conclusion, which should be communicated through a written response and/or meeting with the complainant.
- To report on concerns/complaints to line managers or the Principal as appropriate and to ensure that formal complaints are reported to governors.
At each stage of the concern/complaint, the person investigating will seek ways to resolve the complaint satisfactorily. It might be appropriate to offer one or more of the following:
- An explanation
- An acknowledgement that the complaint is valid in whole or in part and/or acknowledgement that the situation could have been handled differently or better (this is not the same as an admission of negligence).
- An assurance and an explanation of the steps that have been taken to ensure that it will not happen again
- An apology
- An undertaking to review school procedures in light of the concern/complaint.
If you wish to access a hard copy of any policy please contact school's office on: 01214594451 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.