Dates for this month
Home School Agreement
The academy will:
- Ensure your child is safe at all times.
- Ensure your child is taught well every day.
- Have high expectations of your child to do well academically at school.
- Record and reward students for their success.
- Ensure that lessons are not interrupted by any poor behaviour.
- Ensure your child is treated fairly in line with the school’s behaviour policy.
- Ensure that any bullying matters are dealt with swiftly.
- Report to parents every half term on academic standards, behaviour and attendance.
- Work in partnership with parents to ensure your child does as well as possible at school.
Parents and carers
As a parent/carer I/we will:
- Send my child to school each day in the correct uniform.
- Ensure my child gets to school on time each day.
- Support my child in completing their homework each day.
- If my child is absent from school I will inform the school on the first day of absence.
- Agree any planned school absence by my child in advance with the school (term time holidays will not be authorised).
- Work in partnership with the school and outside agencies to ensure my child does well.
- Encourage my child to take part in the extracurricular opportunities offered.
- Agree to the academy’s behaviour policy, including same-day detentions.
- Come to meetings to discuss the progress of my child.
As a student I will strive to ensure that Ark Kings is a great school for everyone by:
- Wearing my full uniform with pride.
- Following staff instructions immediately without any questioning at all.
- Speaking calmly and quietly. Ark Kings is a ‘no shouting’ academy.
- Being polite and respectful at all time.
- Ensuring that my mobile phone is switched off at all times.
- Keeping classrooms clean and tidy.
- Acting as an ambassador for Ark Kings both in and out of the academy.
As a student I will strive to achieve my academic potential by:
- Being punctual: arriving punctually to school and to their lessons. Line up and wait to be greeted before entering the room.
- Being organised: Put the planner, merit card and pencil case on their desk and begin the DNA.
- Being calm: moving from one place to the next quietly. At the end of the lesson standing in silence until dismissed.
- Engaging: Focus on learning, making sure they do not distract themselves or others.
- Respecting: Speak calmly and politely at all times.
- Persevering: Try your best at all times.
If you wish to access a hard copy of any policy please contact school's office on: 01214594451 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.