ARK Kings Pupils Get Ready for First Enrichment Day of the New Year
Fresh from the half term break, our students are now looking forward to a special enrichment day this Friday which will help them develop character and skills through experiences beyond the classroom.
Tomorrow, we will suspend our normal school timetable. Instead, pupils across Years 7 to 11 will have the chance to take part in a varied and exciting range of activities that will challenge them help them to develop as well-rounded individuals. Planned activities include
- Developing creativity through steel pan and Indian drumming
- Raft building at Edgbaston Reservoir, which will be a test of teamwork and nerves!
- Developing creativity and leadership qualities through a creative workshop delivered by the Beatfreeks social enterprise
- Finding your way around Sutton Park by using a compass and map skills Orienteering competition, Sutton Park (personal challenge
- Building fintness and resilience at a fitness bootcamp Fitness bootcamp
- Learning to cook tasty and healthy food.
The day forms part of our year-round commitment to enrichment. We hold 5 enrichments days each year plus run after-school clubs every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Through enrichment, we aim to support student development and enable them to thrive as well-rounded individuals able to get the most out of life.