We believe that wearing of uniform is an important sign that our pupils take pride in belonging to ARK Kings Academy and are willing to take part in all aspects of school life.
It is expected that all pupils will travel to and from the academy every day in neat and clean uniform, giving the clear message to the public that our pupils take pride in belonging to the Academy.
Anyone who fails to do so will be sent home to change their uniform or kept out of lessons for the day.
Regulation Academy Uniform
In the table below, * means that the item needs to be purchased from the academy unifrom supplier: Clive Marks (details at the bottom of the page) and # means that the item can be purchased from a high street retailer of your choice.
|Black blazer with purple trim and academy logo*||Black blazer with purple trim and academy logo*|
|Grey fine knit v-neck jumper: purple strip and logo*||Grey fine knit v-neck jumper: purple strip and logo*|
|White shirt #||White reverse blouse #|
|School tie #||Black pleated skirt or black trousers #|
|Black trousers #||Black tights or black socks #|
|Black socks #||Black low heeled shoes (no trainers) #|
|Black shoes (no trainers) #|
|Black or white trainers (no fashion shoes/pumps) #||Black or white trainers (no fashion shoes/pumps) #|
|Purple polo shirt with academy logo*||Purple polo shirt with academy logo*|
|Black shorts #||Black shorts #|
|Black tracksuit bottoms #||Black tracksuit bottoms #|
|Shell rain jacket with academy logo (optional)*||Shell rain jacket with academy logo (optional)*|
|School bag - Rucksack with academy logo*||School bag - Rucksack with academy logo*|
All clothes, including rucksack and trainers, should be clearly labelled with the child’s name, especially PE kit and trainers. Otherwise, the owner of any lost item cannot be identified.
Parents agree on acceptance of a place, that their child keeps to regulation uniform. Pupils who fail to do so should be sanctioned. In the case of persistent refusal to wear the correct uniform, SLT may send them home to change, having first contacted the parents and notified them that they are doing so. It will be expected that they should return to school in the correct uniform as soon as they are able. The time by which they are expected to return to should be made clear before they are sent home.
No student may wear any item of jewellery, including earrings, to school, except for a wrist watch.
In addition the following rules should be observed:
- No form of body piercing is allowed.
- Shirt tucked in at all times
- Top button done up and tie full length (boys only)
- No trainers
- No makeup or nail varnish
- No jewellery to be worn by any student – except for a watch.
- Hair must be worn in an appropriate style with no extreme styling or designs of hair or eyebrow; e.g. lines/intricate patterns/mohicans – a trip to the barbers will follow. No coloured hair extensions/braids or other types of extravagant hair. Only natural hair colour is allowed and no false nails or coloured nail varnish is allowed.
- Outdoor coats must be black and have no logos, patterns or markings of any kind and they must be long enough to cover the blazer.
- Hooded sweatshirts and cardigans are not allowed.
- During the winter months a plain black woollen hat and scarf, with no markings or logos must be worn. All outdoor clothing must be removed on entering the building.
If pupils do not keep to these regulations and persist in wearing other jewellery, this will be taken from them and a standard letter will be sent to parents asking them to collect it in person and by appointment. Parents will be asked to sign a receipt on collection. Staff taking jewellery from a pupil should place it in a fresh envelope in a pupil’s presence, write on the envelope the precise contents, and seal it. The envelope should be dated and signed by both member of staff and pupil, and handed to the secretary in the school office to be locked in the safe.
The school will take no responsibility for jewellery which should not have been brought into the school.
Where to buy Ark Kings Academy uniform
Clive Marks is the supplier for all branded items of uniform for Ark Kings Academy. Orders can be placed on line, by telephone or direct in the shop.
Clive Marks, 38-40 Poplar Road, Kings Heath, Birmingham. B14 7AD