Enrichment Day 4
Enrichment Day 4 is taking place this Wednesday (19th March) at ARK Kings Academy. The focus of the day is on developing students' wider skills and broadening horizons. Activities will be tailored to each year group.Younger students will be taking part in exciting extra-curricular activities while our year 11s, who will leaving ARK Kings this summer, will get the chance to meet and talk to adults from a wide range of careers.
Activities on offer include:
- Building and launching rockets
- Band slams
- Inter-faith workshops
- Poetry session with professional poet, Dreadlock Alien
- Careers session
Enrichment is aimed at adding an extra layer of value to the school experience for all students by providing opportunities to develop communication, team work, creative, problem solving and sporting skills amongst others.
We offer a programme of enrichment activity that focuses on widening students’ aspirations and experiences in the following areas:
- Advice on how best to prepare for university including which courses to study, which courses are best to choose and which subjects to choose post 16 to give the best possible chances.
- Advice on pursuing particular career paths and the skills needed to be successful at work.
- Optional after school activities on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays run by school and external providers.
- Up to six days per in the curriculum given time to focus on particular enterprise and employability skills
- Joining the ARK network in a range of activities across other academies, such as the annual music gala in at the Barbican in London.