At Ark Kings Academy we take pride in ourselves – an outward sign of this is our uniform and presentation.
Our policy for school uniform is based on the notion that school uniform:
- Promotes a sense of pride in the school
- Provides a sense of community and belonging
- Is practical, affordable and smart
- Identifies the children who attend the school
All pupils must dress according to our Uniform Policy, which reflects our values and reinforces our school's culture of high expectations and academic achievement.
All branded items must be purchased from the Clive Mark uniform shop:
- Blazer (Black with purple trim and our academy logo)
- Tie (grey striped tie)
- School bag (Black rucksack with academy logo)
- PE Top (Purple polo shirt with academy logo)
All branded items as well as a school planner, chromebook and sleeve along with charger and headphones are all provided by the school free of charge on first admission to our school for pupils joining in years 3 - 11.
Grey fine knit V-neck jumper with purple stripe (optional)
Shirt and trousers or skirt
- A formal white shirt must be worn, buttoned to the neck. It could be either short or long sleeved.
- Skirts and trousers must be black.
(No leggings, jeans, or jogging bottoms. No stretch lycra or tight-fitting material. No external buckles, rivets, zips, or logos. Skirts must be at least knee-length and A- line. Leggings or trousers must not be worn with skirts.)
Hijab must be plain black, and worn only for religious reasons.
Shoes are to be formal black and need to be of a material that can be polished. (Trainers are not permitted and will not be allowed. Sports branded items will not be permitted.)
Pupils are not permitted to wear boots inside the school building (in bad weather these can be worn to and from school, but must be changed).
Purple polo shirt with academy logo.
A plain black jumper is allowed with no logos, stripes or hood. Hooded jumpers are not allowed!
Shorts and jogging bottoms
A plain black pair of shorts or jogging bottoms are allowed with no stripes, large logos or other colours.
Plain black or white socks. (No knee lenght socks).
Plain black or white trainers only (no branded footwear is allowed).
Hijab for PE
Hijab must be all black and tight around the head with no loose ends that can be pulled or get caught.
In order to be prepared for lessons and learning, pupils are expected to come to school daily fully equipped with the following items:
- A branded school bag
- School planner (provided)
- A pencil case including:
- 2 black handwriting pens
- 2 red pens
- 2 pencils
- Scientific calculator
4. Chromebook (provided)
- Plain black or white socks or black tights (no knee length socks are permitted).
- Only headscarves worn for religious reasons will be permitted – these should be plain black.
- Only a wristwatch, one pair of studded earrings and religious jewellery may be worn.
- Only one nose stud may be worn, no other facial piercings are permitted.
- Hooped earrings, other ear piercings, tongue piercings, nose rings or septum piercings are not allowed
- Hair must be of a natural colour (Long hair should be able to be tied back).
- We celebrate all individual hairstyles and ask that these are neat and conducive to a professional environment e.g. no mohicans, tramlines, shaven partings or eyebrow designs.
- Simple hairbands/clips in academy colours (black, grey, white, purple, gold) may be worn.
- Makeup should be discreet and appear natural.
- False eyelashes and false nails will not be permitted.
- Baseball or snapback caps will not be permitted.
- Hoodies are not permitted to be worn on site at any time.
In cold weather, particularly in the winter months, children are expected to wear a smart plain jacket or coat and are permitted to wear a hat/ear-muffs, scarf and gloves. These items should be removed before entry into the school building.
On hot days, all children are expected to wear full uniform (although not jumpers). Any reasonable adjustments for pupils with disabilities should be discussed with school leaders.
Please ensure that all items of uniform are clearly named.
Where To Buy Uniform
Uniform Provider: Our branded uniform can be purchased from Clive Mark Uniform Shop
38-40 Poplar Road,
Telephone: 0121 444 7623
Orders can be placed online at clivemark.co.uk
In addition, high street shops or supermarkets can be used to purchase items as we do not require our school logo on many items of uniform. Ark Kings has a collection point in our academy reception where second hand uniform can be donated. Families can also purchase second hand uniform from our Welfare Hub.
In the event you may require financial support, parents should contact the school and speak to our Welfare Lead – Mrs Wardley about our community fund.
We ask that all clothing is named, including shoes, so that lost items can be returned to their owner. The school cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage of pupils’ property and valuables.