Adverse Weather Guidance
In the event of adverse weather conditions, the academy to make every effort to remain open whenever possible. The decision to close the academy due to adverse weather conditions will be made by the Principal. Prior to the decision being taken to close, a risk assessment will be completed to ensure all the health and safety issues have been considered and control measures implemented. The risk assessment will be reviewed as adverse weather conditions persist.
The academy will only be closed if one or more of the following conditions apply:
- Insufficient staff are able to come in to keep the academy running safely
- Site conditions are deemed unsafe or dangerous
- Conditions are considered to be, or are anticipated to later become, too hazardous for safe travel home.
Please assume that the academy is open as normal unless you receive notification of closure or the introduction of a limited timetable.
In the event of having to close the school or introduce a limited timetable, Ark Kings Academy will:
- Notify parents, students and staff via text message as well as an announcement on local radio (Free Radio and Heart FM).
- Update our website with more information as the situation develops.
- Parents, students and staff will also be kept up to date via text message.
Ark Kings Academy will re-open to students and staff at the earliest opportunity.
If you wish to access a hard copy of any policy please contact the school's office on 0121 459 4451 (Secondary) or 0121 458 5380 (Primary), alternatively email us at: email@example.com