The Primary School will be closed to pupils on Thursday 12th December 2019 due to a general election.
The Secondary School will remain open as normal.
Charging & Remissions Policy
Ark Kings Academy aims to:
- Be committed to a free academy education for all.
- Ensure that education in the academy is free.
- Ensure that activities offered wholly or mainly during normal academy teaching time should be available to all students regardless of their parents’ ability or willingness to help meet the cost.
- Ensure that there is no statutory requirement to charge for any form of education but the academy has the discretion to charge for optional activities provided wholly or mainly out of academy hours.
- Exercise the right when required to invite voluntary contributions for the benefit of the academy or in support of activities organised by the academy, whether during or outside.
Practice and Guidance
The charging policy at Ark Kings Academy is based on the following:
- The academy will continue to request voluntary contributions from parents towards activities organised by the academy during academy hours. If insufficient voluntary contributions are forthcoming for an activity and insufficient subsidies are available, then that activity will be cancelled.
- The academy is willing to support the funding of certain activities and will be at the discretion of the Academy.
- Optional Trips Wholly Or Mainly Outside School Hours: Optional trips wholly or mainly outside school hours will normally be charged at full cost. These visits may not proceed where full costs are not met by all those who wish to partake in the activity.
- Charges For Breakages And Damage: The academy may make charges for breakages and damage to property, including window breakage and cost for graffiti removal.
- Individual Instrumental Tuition: There is the right to request a cost to the student for providing any instrumental tuition not part of normal academy peripatetic provision.
If you wish to access a hard copy of any policy please contact the school's office on 0121 459 4451 (Secondary) or 0121 458 5380 (Primary), alternatively email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org