Ark Kings Primary Academy believe that in order to enable effective teaching and learning to take place, good behaviour in all aspects of academy life is necessary. It seeks to create a caring learning environment in the academy by:
- Encouraging and acknowledging positive behaviour and discipline.
- Promoting self-esteem by encouraging pupils to value and respect themselves and others.
- Providing a safe environment free from disruption, violence, bullying and any form of harassment
- Ensuring a consistency of response to behaviour.
- Encouraging a positive relationship with parents and carers to develop a shared approach to involve them in the implementation of the academy’s policy and associated procedure.
- Encouraging children to take responsibility for their behaviour.
- Explaining what unacceptable behaviour is and why.
At our Academy we have a policy of prevention. Preventing bullying is far easier than responding to incidents when they occur. To prevent bullying, we promote a common anti-bullying approach in which we are supportive of each other, provide positive role models and shared values, and are clear that we will not tolerate unacceptable behaviour.
If bullying is suspected or reported, the incident will be dealt with immediately by the member of staff who has been approached. We will record a clear account of the incident and share this with the parent/carer and the Head of School. We will support affected pupils by offering immediate and continuous support with a member of staff of their choice, working to restore self-esteem and confidence. We'll work with pupils guilty of bullying by discussing what happened and explaining why it was wrong, understanding why they became involved, and creating a strategy for change together with the pupil's parent/carer.
If you are concerned that your child could be experiencing bullying, please let us know as soon as you can and we will work together to resolve the situation.
Primary - Our Academy Rules
“Ready, Respectful, Safe.”
- We are always in the right place or where an adult has asked us to be.
- Our uniform, including our PE kit, is worn correctly.
- We have the equipment required for our lesson.
- We look at and listen to the adult teaching us or talking to us.
- We communicate with others politely and use manners (please, thank you, excuse me, pardon, please may I...).
- We resolve problems calmly and do not walk away from adults when they are talking to us.
- We take pride in our learning, ensuring our workbooks are well presented with neat handwriting.
- We take care of all resources and the school environment.
- We take responsibility for our own actions.
- We follow instructions from adults first time, every time.
- We move around the school building calmly and quietly.
- We keep our hands, feet and objects to ourselves.
- We look out for the welfare of ourselves and others and report any concerns immediately to a member of staff.
Secondary - Our Academy Rules
“Ready, Respectful, Safe.”
- Ensure you are always in the right place and arrive on time.
- Ensure that your uniform including your PE kit is worn correctly.
- Ensure that you have all your required equipment and that your desk is formatted.
- Ensure that you are sat in STAR positions - sit up straight, track the teacher, answer politely and respond respectfully.
- Ensure that you are ready to answer and ask questions, participate in discussions and complete class reading during your lesson.
- Questioning, paired reading, independent work and think, pair, share.
- Communicate with others politely, use manners (please, thank you, yes miss/sir, excuse me, pardon).
- Take pride in all of your learning ensuring your workbooks are an excellent tool for revision.
- Take care of all resources, facilities and the academy environment.
- Food and drink should be consumed during break and lunch times, all rubbish should be placed in bins provided.
- Follow all instructions from staff members first time, every time.
- Move around the Academy site calmly and quietly, following the one-way system.
- Keep your hands, feet and objects to yourself.
- Mobile phones and electronic devices should be turned off, out of sight and not used anywhere inside the Academy grounds.
- Look out for the welfare of yourself and others and report any concerns immediately to a member of staff.